125 Years Condor - Enthusiam and competence over four generations
From the early days as a craft trade enterprise at our headquarters in Westkirchen in Westphalia, Condor is now an internationally operating company.
Manufacturers of compressors and pumps as well as their customers rely on the products from Westphalia.
Condor-Werke was founded in 1893 by Heinrich Frede as a machine factory, and the company was initially focused on the manufacture of centrifuges.
Heinrich Frede sells the plant to his brother August Frede.
In time, August Frede produced the first German mechanical milkers under the brand names “WESTPHALIA” and “Frede-Melker”.
The company now has 120 employees thanks to good sales and the corresponding expansion.
Brothers Gerd and Wilhelm Frede take over the plant after the death of their father August Frede.
Awarding of the world's first patent for a diaphragm pressure regulator/pressure switch for the automatic regulation of pumps.
The brand name MDR dates back to this time.
The company name “August Frede” is changed to “Gebr. Frede KG”.
Expansion of the product range with motor protection switches, electric motors, float switches and residual current circuit breakers.
Name change to CONDOR-WERKE Gebr. Frede KG
Brothers Dieter and Klaus Frede are the third generation of owners to take over the company after the death of their father Gerd Frede.
Foundation of the CONDOR Benelux, NL-Waddinxveen
Acquisition of SCHARCO ELEKTRONIK GmbH, Wuppertal.
The company celebrates its 100th anniversary.
The company is primarily focused on the pressure switch segment.
Foundation of CONDOR-Werke USA, Inc., Charlotte
Marcus Frede is the fourth generation to take over the company's management.
Foundation of the control engineering/system technology division
Splitting of the business activities of the KG into independent GmbHs.
Investment in new plastic injection moulding production.
Condor celebrates its 125th anniversary with employees, partners and friends of the company.
Controls & Solutions